If you are a children’s book illustrator and are interested in getting involved in a Q&A I would love to hear from you! I am starting a question and answer (Q&A) section for (children’s book) illustrators on my website. However, if you are a children’s book author looking to do a Q&A, the highlighted post might be more appropriate.
What will the illustrator Q&A involve?
- Correspondence will either be via email or recorded video call, depending on your preferences.
- However, I will only publish the post if we are both happy with the contents. Minor adjustments may be made.
- But I will check that you are happy prior to publishing it.
- The post can be removed at either time, by either party (with sufficient notice.) I will need to read the book and see your illustrations prior to committing.
- My decision will be final.
What types of questions will I ask during the illustrators question and answer interview?
- About you – How did you become an illustrator? Who or what inspired you to become an illustrator? Did you follow a conventional path or did you come to illustration later on in life? (If you would like to know a bit about my story click on the link.)
- How do you go about illustrating books for tricky themes and topics?
- How long does the process of illustrating a book take you?
- What projects are you working on at the moment?
- Who is your favourite children’s book illustrator?
What else will I need from you?
- A recent headshot of the illustrator (you).
- Some photographs of your work or projects.
- Your website which I can link to/ somewhere that your work can be purchased.
What type of books and illustrators am I interested in?
I like to include books that support children’s mental health and wellbeing and open up tricky topics for discussion, for example books about friendship, being kind and bereavement. You can see some of the books I have reviewed in the images below, either on my blog or on Instagram. I am a huge fan of their style of illustration too.
Some of my favourite illustrators are David Litchfield, Britta Teckentrup and Oliver Jeffers.
Read enough and want to get involved in the illustrator Q&A?
So, If you are interested and would like to get involved in the illustrator Q&A, or have any questions, please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org. Or via the contact form below. I will try to get back to you within 48 hours.