Welcome to Hookable Books, a wonderful picture book blog!
Want to get kids talking through the power of picture books?
Books that will support children’s wellbeing and mental health?
But are high quality and are teacher recommended?
Hookable Books is the blog for you!
A bit about me
English graduate, former primary teacher and English Lead.
Bath, Ireland and London based. However, hoping to move to Bath full-time again in 2021. Please get in touch. Especially if you are based in Bath.
I love to read and write. Therefore, 2020 was the year I chose to be brave and start the Hookable Books blog. I also post daily picture book reviews and recommendations on Instagram.
I have a small idea but big plans, watch this space!
Authors of Picture Books
- Are you an author of a picture book? Would you be interested in sending me a book? You always take a look at my review policy.
- Or participating in the author Q&A section that I am developing?
Publishers of children’s books
- Would you like to send me a book to review? Take a look at my author and publisher review policy.
- Blog tours – absolutely.
Illustrators of picture books
- Are you an illustrator of children’s picture books?Would you like to participate in a Q&A? Please get in touch. I will be creating a page with more information this week.
- If you are a fellow book blogger and would like me guest blog or you would like to post on here, contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hookable Books is a picture book blog, that focuses on opening up important conversations about tricky themes and topics.
- If you are a children’s book charity and you’d like to work with me, or find out more about me please again get in touch.
- The overall message is, if you are unsure then please contact me.
A few quick questions about Hookable Books for you
Which theme or topic would you like me to write recommendations for? I have posts about everything from books about body positivity for kids, to books about sex education and puberty to booklists for themes such as bedtime stories to read!
With love and happy tidings for 2021.
Hookable Books: #GetKidsTalking through